OsmAnd for iPhone
We are glad to announce that iPhone version of OsmAnd is released.
This version contains the most used functionality of Android version together with significantly improved user interface, which we believe is a good combination.
Global Mobile Map Viewing and Navigation for Online and Offline OSM Maps
- Works totally offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad) but also has a (fast) online option
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
- Announce traffic warnings like stop signs, pedestrian crosswalks, or when you are exceeding the speed limit.
- Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
- Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
- Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
- Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
- Carry high-detailed, fully offline maps of any region world wide on your device!
- Display your position and orientation on the map
- Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
- Save your most important places as Favorites
- Display POIs (point of interests) around you
- Can also display specialized online tile maps
- Can also display satellite view (from Bing)
- Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
- Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN FEATURES
- The offline maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
- Map display and navigation mode for bicycle and pedestrian
- Optionally display public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
- Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
- Optional speed and altitude display
- Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
OPEN STREET MAP AND WIKIPEDIA DATA
- High quality information from the 2 best collaborative projects of the world
- Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
- Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing (not available in free version)
- Unlimited free map downloads, directly from the app (download limit 10 map files in the free version)
- Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
- Compact offline vector maps
- Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
- Also supports online or cached tile maps
We are glad to announce that iPhone version of OsmAnd is released. This version contains the most used functionality of Android version together with significantly improved user interface, which we believe is a good combination.
OsmAnd 2.0 is coming soon. One of the new features of the version will be Nautical Charts plugin. Nautical Chart is a detailed graphical representation of oceans, seas, coastal areas and rivers.